new Arborist in the midst (hopefully!)

RobRainford

Hi There

ive been loooking through the forum for a week or two now and decided to register, but not decided to post until now.

Just thought i would introduce myself!

I live in st helens merseyside and im attending Myerscough College doing an FdSc in Arboriculture for 2 years. I have my CS30-34 and then CS38 too, ive been through the training course for CS39 but failed the assessment and im just waiting for the training to happen again at myerscough.

Im just looking to expand my knowledge, i can read plenty in books and hear from my tutors and instructors, but i really want the real world knowledge that will help me in my climbing career hopefully. Im almost 19 and like a sponge with knowledge!

Thanks for reading, hope this is the right place for this!

Welcome young Jedi :lol:

We worked at the Pilkington Sports ground time ago . Well I think it was Pilkington glass .

yeah im sure they did sponsor a sports ground somewhere, never really interested in sports, chainsaws were more my interest since i was 16. but there is a rugby team named after them.

as you may know, there are two parts to the CS38, I had never climbed before until my training course and i was struggling to get over the fear factor in the climbing, and i could never trust my kit properly like the other guys. I just got through on the climbing but when doing aerial rescue i couldnt remember how to do it properly, i was attempting to tie a blakes, but because i was aerial it made me have to tie it from the back side of it and it threw me out and i couldnt tie it right, i did on my 3rd attempt but the assessor said he couldnt pass me on it. i was gutted because i was confident when on the training using a chainsaw, the extra points of contact made me a lot more confident. and it sucks that i have to do it again!