Guy nearly gets flung out a tree haha

Harrison2604

To be honest mate cutting the hinge lessens the flick.

If you let the hinge snap it tends to bend the stem much more before letting go, IME.

as long as the ground guys can read your methods from ground if you are lowering, the best groundies are experienced climbersi reckon:001_smile:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True about good groundies being good climbers, although I had a big wobble the other day, the stem wasn't that thin but a miss understanding between me and andrew led to him putting 2 wraps on the hobbs instead of 1. I got seriously shaken I thought my back had got whiplash LOL. Stayed in my spikes though.:thumbup:

totally the groundies fault :biggrin:

The groundy will have known he cocked up and will have been off running down the road before the climber got back down.

I normally cut through the hinge after it's started to go over so it just falls off.

I only leave the hinge intact with a really shallow gob on big tops when not lowering to make them jump well away from the stem or clear a fence, works well with really tall Lombardies but you do have to hang on sometimes :001_smile:

I dont think that leaving a bigger hinge/cutting through the hinge etc would make any difference in that situation. The only thing that would have would to have let the rope run but maybe they couldnt due to targets underneath in which case its the climbers since he should have taken a smaller piece out.

I know no one really cares so I'll leave it at that:001_smile: