038av super guidebar size?

Tomhjnr

You can, and as you know Al, I do:sneaky2:

If anyone wants to know where, PM me.

Or you could start on flee bay by typing in "skip chain":001_rolleyes:

hmmm, local saw dealers to me cant get it, my main dealers oregon rep said they dont 'do it' over here.... so i assumed it was the same the country over...

i get mine by the roll from baileys... can you get hold of stihl skip/semi-skip? that'd sure be nice:001_rolleyes:

Speculation on my part but I'm under the assumption that perhaps because skip chain is more prone to kick back might be the reason it can't be found .

It's been my observation as per internet conversations that the rules or guidelines for saws are more stringent than ours .

I myself get a majority of my stuff from Baileys but shipping to the UK would cost a fortune I would think . For me it's almost next to nothing and besides it's less than half the price a local dealer would charge anyway .

I run a 25" Stihl bar and chain to buck down large shanks. I agree, just keep the chain sharp and it performs wonderfully. I have the 038 Magnum. -Arguably one of the best Stihl ever produced. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Keep it tuned, cleaned, and lubed/sharpened and it will last forever.

ACUF

PS. Where you located Al? Thought I was the only Ohioan on here!

Not sure why its not generally sold here Al, same as a lot of things, as you say, we do seem to be a little restricted here sometimes.

I found a guy over here selling oregon and windsor bars and chain who does skip. Quite reasonable too.

I wonder what the health and safety issues are over here using skip chain as its not officially available:confused1:

If the reason is due to kickback, i would say its an arguable point as you really only use skip on longer bars, yet the shorter bars have higher risk of kickback.

Where is Bob when you need him?

Maybe it's the restrictions that seem to be more stringent or just because there is no call for it .Hard to say .

Along the same lines though I've heard there are some dealers state side that will not sell non safety chains to anybody who is not considered a professional . What the credentials are for being classified as a pro is I haven't a clue .