Descenders

coolie

there is a small vid on treetools with jono on the uni but its not much, well try and get round to making a proper one someday. This is the mods that morgan sent re the new uni.:001_smile:

Thanks, Drew. Having a gate and a roller on the lower bar should be a very worthwhile improvement.

Dave

Hi! Newbie here and mostly lurking and learning. .

/the swede

Welcome to the Forum,swede.Thanks for the info.

I found Johnnos vid.There isnt a lot out there about the unicender.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70PXRzmBE0o]YouTube - Johno Smith climbing SRT on the Unicender[/ame]

Were you a rigger,or similar?

No, certified rope access supervisor. Did some climbing in high and interesting places. But I didn't like the industrial part of it, cleaning and painting a rollercoaster for example isn't what I call a nice day (or months actually). Trees are living things and so much more interesting. So this is perfect for me, I get the chance to climb and have some air under my feet and work with mother nature in the same time. Just love it!

jonos vid? we were mucking about in the trees, not working just having fun tryin new stuff, all the gear was so we didnt have to climb down if we forgot anything.

and jono will agree-its the sketchiest climbin ive ever seen jono do!!

Edited by DrewB
info

jonos vid? we were mucking about in the trees, not working just having fun tryin new stuff, all the gear was so we didnt have to climb down if we forgot anything.

and jono will agree-its the sketchiest climbin ive ever seen jono do!!

I tried Softbankshawks uni set-up and found it very simple and easy to use if a little quirky.

It was a while since i used one from memory he had the uni on an adjustable whoopie and a croll on the chest harness so for ascent he would set the uni long and attach the footloop to thisobviously clipped into the croll to then would ascend like a normal treewalker system.

Once working height was acheived just unclip the foot loop store on your harness unclip the croll and with whoopie bring the uni in short.

Its a nice simple set up you can leave the croll on only having a footloop to store so for another long ascent its easy to est up again and quick.

I tried it and found it very easy and pretty much fell in love with it alas as much as i loved it for me it would be a mere toy but one day i will have a uni of my own.

As for the ID i prefer a Elderid Eddy on 10mm line for tree work more compact and better suited in my opinion.