Level 4 distance learning

Wato

Hi all,

I'm interested in doing a level 4 online arb qualification. I have my level 3 and I'm keen to progress but work at the same time and keep getting more experience with the practical side.

Myerscough college offer both a year long abc Qual and an RFS 10 week Qual. Does anyone have any experience or advice on whether its worth while and a good way to progress? Also does anyone have any idea on how much it would cost?

And if anyone has done an online level 4 anywhere else that they were really pleased with give me a shout.

Cheers,

George

Is the level 4 the equivalent to the first year of a degree?

As far as the abc compared with RFS, I'm thinking the same thing. 10 weeks does seem like too short a time to get the full Qual, the reason I'm considering it is because the modules look like my kind of thing, they go over veteran trees and woodland management. I'm going to call up tomorrow and see what the crack is. If the RFS one doesn't have the equivalent value of the abc one then I'll do the ABC one.

• 2 weeks later...

The Arboriculture Association Qualification guide is always a good place to start.

https://www.trees.org.uk/Trees.org.uk/files/5d/5d1f7bb0-68d0-4164-a65c-89e026ec71d7.pdf

Hope you find what you are looking for.

We will be running the ABC Level 4 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Arboriculture from September. Based on the Devon/Cornwall border; it will be classroom based with training in blocks throughout the year (not online / distant learning).

Lynher Training

Edited by LynherTraining

On 02/07/2018 at 00:27, Wato said:

Is the level 4 the equivalent to the first year of a degree?

Unfortunately not when I asked. I thought I could go straight into doing a Bachelors after the level 4 as I preferred that to the level 6 (content wise), but it doesn't work that way...

I would call Myerscough again and ask as this is probably coming up relatively often.

Please post the reply here.

Cheers

On 13/07/2018 at 12:26, EdwardC said:

Myrescough said the same to me despite they say experience etc will be taken into account. 

I had the Tech Cert. and I had set out my experience. I asked what experience would qualify me to do the BSc. I never got a reply.

Now I might be being cynical, but if saying no means you have to spend more money with them doing more courses that's the line they might take. 

Myerscough seem pretty poor at correspondence to be honest, I've sent them my certificates for my FdSc application three times now and they keep getting missed.