what is a fair amount of time to wait for a part

kimtree

Anything from 1 day to two months. It all depends on where the stock is and if there is no stock, when the next production run is to make it! If your usual dealer doesn't have it on stock, they will go to perhaps, a national distributor and if they don't have it, back to the factory or distributors in other countries.

Some of it does depend on how efficiently your local dealer are on chasing through orders and fulfilling them!

5 hours ago, PeteB said:

Admittedly, some parts would not be on the shelves but it depends on what delivery period you were quoted. We got a major part on order and it will be three  weeks.

It would have been nice if this MEWP company had quoted a delivery time but all i am getting is lies.The machine broke down on February  10.It has a known wiring fault (since at least 2014 a year after i bought my machine ) with a retrofit kit which the company did not bother  to tell us about at the time.Water or humidity is penetrating some rubber wiring connection blocks.We are waiting for the retrofit kit

To cap it off it broke down same time last year and was out of action for over 3 months waiting for another part.

This is an Italian machine.We have multiple machinery from other countries who understand time and money and the longest i have waited is 2 weeks for parts

The Italian's on the other hand either don't care about future sales or are just totally incompetent.

Its very disappointing as the machine when it works is very impressive and there is not another spider lift on the market in Australia with the same abilities and compactness 

That is an awful situation to be in, having and erstwhile tidy but of kit, let down by complete indifference on a warranty/fit for work issue. I cannot imagine the distributor is feeling good about this either. Cannot repairs be made to the wiring locally?

52 minutes ago, PeteB said:

That is an awful situation to be in, having and erstwhile tidy but of kit, let down by complete indifference on a warranty/fit for work issue. I cannot imagine the distributor is feeling good about this either. Cannot repairs be made to the wiring locally?

Unfortunately i live along way from a major city and the only electronics guy here didn't want to get involved during last years breakdown .I have the only working machine in Australia and the dealer based in Melbourne (over 3000k away) has the only other one .

This kit if and when i finally get it will have to be wired in by me. I did look at getting the wiring myself from Farnell/element 14 but don't have a wiring diagram worth a damn to be able to get it right

Latest bullshit from the dealer(a very large corporation that builds insulated EWP's on trucks in Melbourne) is the factory sent the wrong part  via road and sea .The part would not weigh more than 2 kg.Now are sending the correct part via airmail and gracefully will not be charging me air freight (this is crap too as i have not been given a fixed price for the part anyway) and  they should be getting it Wednesday .Dealer said on Friday they already the package but today must have forgotten what lies he had told me earlier.

40 days now from initial request for parts

Edited by kimtree
spelling