New petzl lid

stihlmadasever

Doesnt look as though there's ear defender attatchments but with all that ventilation it looks like a good summer helmet.

http://www.skylandequipment.com/petzl-boreo-helmet.html?options=cart&utm_source=Skyland+Newsletter&utm_campaign=4270a5805a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f5514cc113-4270a5805a-98480569&mc_cid=4270a5805a&mc_eid=52571b75d6

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’d be wary of the longevity of the expanded foam insert.
The foam can also act like an insulator and block air flow over the top of the head .
Remember our helmets that have a webbing cradle at least allow an air gap over the top of the head .
It does look nice and light though doesn’t it.

• 9 months later...
On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:23, Treerover said:

I’d be wary of the longevity of the expanded foam insert.
The foam can also act like an insulator and block air flow over the top of the head .
Remember our helmets that have a webbing cradle at least allow an air gap over the top of the head .
It does look nice and light though doesn’t it.

The foam insert is made of two types of plastic. The expanded Polypropylene down the sides and front is supposed to be more flexible and durable with an expanded polystyrene centre on top to deform and absorb impact. 

Seems to be along the same theme as the Alveo vent so if you're used to wearing the the polystyrene insert on top of your head you should be fine. As mentioned above, I wear a Boreo with earplugs and specs when I'm doing less heavy duty work - I can't stand mesh visors any more!! 

I like the close hugging design - I'm forever banging my Vertex on branches coz of the height it adds to my head!!

Edited by Sambo

On 25/02/2018 at 21:56, WesD said:

Be ok with a battery top handle, that said I’m so used to comms kit now ear defence is a must. 

I'm finding I'm doing much more work with a big silky rather than small or battery top handles now. Goes hand in hand with much lighter, modern climbing gear and helmets!

• Like 1