BANAMAN Videos (Sheffield Trees)

BANAMAN

24 minutes ago, BANAMAN said:

I come to this conclusion based on my interactions with Sheffield City Council / Amey and the campaigners and until something changes with Sheffield City Council / Amey for whatever that reason might be, then this problem may only end up getting worse...!

Worse how? Please elaborate. 

23 minutes ago, WesD said:

Worse how? Please elaborate. 

For example, the other day you may have seen a campaigner clutching on to the limb of a felled tree, his reasoning for doing this was to slow down the arbs from clearing up which in turn it was alleged held up the arbs and ground crew about 5 hours. I can't confirm how long the time was in actual fact, but this was an example of things getting worse for Sheffield City Council / Amey. When I reason with myself and think about these kind of measures by any individual, history has shown that things like this can and probably will happen more often as it has shown to have a desired effect in slowing down the next tree felling. My personal opinion on that situation is very straight forward... I think the campaigner did what he believed to be his only choice at that time, yes he entered a working site area but I do not know if the machine was switched on or not at the time of his entry in to that work area. As a campaigner, he felt that was his only choice at that time...! What then happened later might not have been the best choice of action. If the machine was turned on already, then for health and safety reasons should the machine be turned off immediately?

I believe it should be turned off due to health and safety concerns!

Should the arbs have tried to remove him from the branch?

I believe for health and safety reasons, they will have to use reasonable actions which are conceived to not cause injury or else the campaigner should have been left alone to campaign his point.

Should the SIA trained operatives have gone in to remove the campaigner?

I believe that it was their job to remove the campaigner as that is what they are paid to do!

If the campaigner had have done anything to break the law, as the police was at the scene, should the police have arrested him?

I believe that the police should arrest anybody breaking the law!

Would the arbs have put the branch into the chipper while the campaigner was still holding onto it?

No they wouldn't, of course they wouldn't, no doubts in my mind they would not!

Hopefully this will allow you to see my rational way of thinking. Since that was an example of things getting worse now, I think it is very reasonable, that things will get worse if Sheffield City Council / Amey don't open their doors and talk to everybody concerned in this matter...! If my statement here looks biased, let it be known, I am merely saying it as it is based on seeing it as it happens...!

Edited by BANAMAN
Spelling mistake

50 minutes ago, BANAMAN said:

For example, the other day you may have seen a campaigner clutching on to the limb of a felled tree, his reasoning for doing this was to slow down the arbs from clearing up which in turn it was alleged held up the arbs and ground crew about 5 hours. I can't confirm how long the time was in actual fact, but this was an example of things getting worse for Sheffield City Council / Amey. When I reason with myself and think about these kind of measures by any individual, history has shown that things like this can and probably will happen more often as it has shown to have a desired effect in slowing down the next tree felling. My personal opinion on that situation is very straight forward... I think the campaigner did what he believed to be his only choice at that time, yes he entered a working site area but I do not know if the machine was switched on or not at the time of his entry in to that work area. As a campaigner, he felt that was his only choice at that time...! What then happened later might not have been the best choice of action. If the machine was turned on already, then for health and safety reasons should the machine be turned off immediately?

I believe it should be turned off due to health and safety concerns!

Should the arbs have tried to remove him from the branch?

I believe for health and safety reasons, they will have to use reasonable actions which are conceived to not cause injury or else the campaigner should have been left alone to campaign his point.

Should the SIA trained operatives have gone in to remove the campaigner?

I believe that it was their job to remove the campaigner as that is what they are paid to do!

If the campaigner had have done anything to break the law, as the police was at the scene, should the police have arrested him?

I believe that the police should arrest anybody breaking the law!

Would the arbs have put the branch into the chipper while the campaigner was still holding onto it?

No they wouldn't, of course they wouldn't, no doubts in my mind they would not!

Hopefully this will allow you to see my rational way of thinking. Since that was an example of things getting worse now, I think it is very reasonable, that things will get worse if Sheffield City Council / Amey don't open their doors and talk to everybody concerned in this matter...! If my statement here looks biased, let it be known, I am merely saying it as it is based on seeing it as it happens...!

So if your campaigners are making these types of choices now and in your words it will get worse how long is it before someone becomes hurt based on these stupid choices?

Are you condoning injury/death due to campaigner beliefs? That may sound harsh but what happens if a campaigner runs into a working area as a worker has just finished a back cut on topping a tree? 

Or what if a campaigner grabs brash as a worker is snedding with a saw which could cause kickback, what if that kickback causes the saw to go through an artery?

Those are hyperthetical now but like you say these campaigners make choices based on what they feel are limited options to stop proceedings and they make them without thought they are made on a whim. 

This industry is dangerous enough on a good day!!

As you say this choice delayed proceedings but it didn’t and won’t stop the outcome. 

4 minutes ago, WesD said:

So if your campaigners are making these types of choices now and in your words it will get worse how long is it before someone becomes hurt based on these stupid choices?

Are you condoning injury/death due to campaigner beliefs? That may sound harsh but what happens if a campaigner runs into a working area as a worker has just finished a back cut on topping a tree? 

Or what if a campaigner grabs brash as a worker is snedding with a saw which could cause kickback, what if that kickback causes the saw to go through an artery?

Those are hyperthetical now but like you say these campaigners make choices based on what they feel are limited options to stop proceedings and they make them without thought they are made on a whim. 

As you say this choice delayed proceedings but it didn’t and won’t stop the outcome. 

Disregard for personal injury....

Disregard for the law....

Disregard for the ignorance of broader public opinion....

You're probably right...  Reckless, irresponsible and criminal behaviour.  What will that EVER achieve.....?

Screen Shot 2017-12-23 at 13.21.12.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You're probably right...  Reckless, irresponsible and criminal behaviour.  What will that EVER achieve.....?

You do know I’m only 32 xD

1 hour ago, WesD said:

Sorry, I think you miss understand me, let me clarify for your perceptions...

1. They are not my campaigners

2. I can not predict that they will certainly get worse, I can only assume based on what I have seen to date

3. I do not condone injury or death as a means to an end and if any campaigner chooses to put themselves in a potential risky situation, that is their choice not mine, I do not tell people what to do in their campaigning, I am not campaigning, only reporting a public record of accounts or actions in any one day of my presence. If I see something unsafe, I feel obliged to state my concerns as anybody else would with a concern, but in no way have I ever protested in a way to stop any works being carried out...!

4. I must reiterate, I do not think putting one self in a position were it could potentially harm one self, however, I do believe that sometimes people make their own calculated risks based on what they believe is ok for them, nothing to do with me.

5. If people make decisions on a whim, that is their own accountability and I understand why people make the decisions they do when times get hard and desperate... this is equally challenging and frustrating to campaigners, Sheffield city Council / Amey and the arbs and ground workers.

6. I agree with you that the industry is dangerous enough on a good day, all the more reason why the arbs and ground workers need to be vigilant and stop all necessary equipment usage until the risks are eliminated... I say this from a health and safety point of view which I do believe you would also stop if this happened to yourself. It is the powers that be, that are leading the campaigners and the arbs to constantly play out what is now becoming a constant chess game to outwit each other... I don't know what opinion you may have about myself based on our conversation, but I believe we have a better understanding of each other than we did before we started talking... Talking and debating is the best option of practices in my book and sometimes when the talking breaks down, the scenario's nearly always get worse... In mine and your instance were we may agree to disagree on somethings, you will also find that I agree with some of the things you say.

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If anybody breaks the law, there are already consequences and actions to deal with them, however it appears that no laws have been broken yet in regards to the man out on a limb...

11 minutes ago, BANAMAN said:

Talking and debating is the best option of practices in my book and sometimes when the talking breaks down, the scenario's nearly always get worse...

So the talking should have been done at planning or within council buildings not on the street. 

Talking breaks down and scenarios get worse because you didn’t or sorry campaigners didn’t get the outcome they wanted. 

• Like 1