What's the best processor.

Celtictimber

Can't beat tajfuns as far as I'm concerned, the 400 is the best all round machine on the market and good value. 

We've got the 480+ now but our 400 did at least 2500 tons and never had an issue. 

• Like 1

I own a hakki pilke 1x37 which is going on 12 years old now.  It has been a good reliable machine.  Having said that, compared to some of the others on the market it feels a little flimsy.  This was reflected in the price at the time, not sure what prices are like currently though.

Can't beat tajfuns as far as I'm concerned, the 400 is the best all round machine on the market and good value. 

We've got the 480+ now but our 400 did at least 2500 tons and never had an issue. 

Can’t help but agree, for the money I couldn’t find a better machine if you already have a big enough tractor.
Ours might be up for sale in spring if you’re in no rush.

The wp36 take some beating if you want a towable machine but needed to be on PTO anyway to get the most from it in my opinion.

34 minutes ago, Celtictimber said:

What's the best processor out there value for money wise also in your opinion. I have a trakmet diesel which I'm pretty pleased with buy looking at changing it for an electric model and maybe a different brand

Just saw you're not too far from us (but not too close either ;) ). You're welcome to take a look at our tajfun if you're in the Llandovery area.

2 minutes ago, Celtictimber said:

Thanks. Do you know who the dealer is for them in the UK?

I think Kilworth are the only dealer, they're in central England is the downside but they're good to deal with and we've only once had to call them out and they were straight here. The issue was with a dodgy plug on the tractor, nothing bad.

30 minutes ago, SbTVF said:

The wp36 take some beating if you want a towable machine but needed to be on PTO anyway to get the most from it in my opinion.

Not too sure I'd agree with that statement.  PTO and engine produce similar volumes.  Only downside to the engine is that it's a bit of a walk to get to the starter rope when the engine stalls.  Electric start engine has been ordered!

I've no opinion on what is the best processor, but will say that for my needs the WP36 fitted the bill nicely.  

I'm not sure what they are now because of the exchange rate and ours was a part ex deal.

I think the 480+ was 17k last year plus the log deck, the standard model is a bit less and the 400 is quite a lot cheaper, ours was 12k with the log deck 4 years ago but that was when they were trying to get a few more into the country.

I can pm you the dealers email if you want the current prices.