Large Beech uprooted by the wind .

White Noise

lol, i have a log pile near stapely and i've driven past a few times but it's too busy to park the van for a nosey, my apprentice said we should see if we can get the job of removing it for free for the wood, till i pointed out it would take weeks to chopit up, load it into the van and drop it off, not to mention that we may struggle a little with the 15" bar on my husky 137:lol::lol:

nice pics AB, do you do fire wood? got plenty for now but will need a load in early feb

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i have a log pile near stapely and i've driven past a few times but it's too busy to park the van for a nosey, my apprentice said we should see if we can get the job of removing it for free for the wood, till i pointed out it would take weeks to chopit up, load it into the van and drop it off, not to mention that we may struggle a little with the 15" bar on my husky 137:lol::lol:

nice pics AB, do you do fire wood? got plenty for now but will need a load in early feb

WE GIVE IT AWAY . ALWAYS HAVE A WAITING LIST THOUGH . IF YOU CONTACT ME LATE JANUARY I MAY HAVE A BIG LOAD OF H/C NUT. YOU COULD ALWAYS CONTACT BORDER TREE CARE TO SEE WHAT THEY DO WITH THERES .:001_cool:

Yeah Dan at Chelfords has told me all about you . Im sure you can get something from the chemist for that .:001_tt2:

Have you seen that Beech yet ? . Are you using the husky climbing saw .

Sorry Andy, not been on for a while, had the man flu. Am using a ms200t the rest are huskys. 357xp and 362xp. Was thinking about a bigger saw and Dan said he thought you have one for sale.

Not yet though says the wife.

I'll have to go down and have a look at this Beech though, is it still there?

Sorry Andy, not been on for a while, had the man flu. Am using a ms200t the rest are huskys. 357xp and 362xp. Was thinking about a bigger saw and Dan said he thought you have one for sale.

Not yet though says the wife.

I'll have to go down and have a look at this Beech though, is it still there?

Yeah Beech was still there the other day . We past it when we went fishing at the weekend . Glad your all better now . Yeah I have a 088 48 inch and 30inch bar which I thinking about selling . I hardly use it as the 64 does most stuff . Have been using the old 34 a lot lately . Anyway drink your Calpol :lol:

If your stuck for a big saw just let me know . I,m sure you could look after it for a day or two :thumbup: I,m just sick of this rain:thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

:w00t::w00t::w00t:made some enquires today to see if i could lighten the load and take some of that beech away..

apparently, the landowner was trying to get someone to buy the timber for furniture making etc, but was told the merrip has made it useless, he then sold it off as firewood for £300!!!

I don't know too much about how things work in this industry, but i run a small building and joinery firm an i recon that even with the right tools and a chipper, someone is going to need a crane to take some of it away and there must be at least two days of hard labour there for at least two men, so i will take a guess at about £600 just to move the beggar!

ok, so there's a lot of wood there, but £900 just to get a wet lump of timber?:confused1: