Stihl MS361

Pat

Hi

I have an aged MS361 and approx 3 years ago I fitted a non-Stihl pot and piston.

It gave up recently, looked like one of the gudgeon pin clips worked itself loose.

I bought a better quality pot and piston, but the base of the skirt of the piston does not clear the crank assembly at BDC.

I measured the length of the piston, crown to bottom of the skirt, which is 41mm. Unfortunately, I threw away the old piston so cannot take measurements from this. The measurements I need are the piston length, length from centre hole to top and length from centre of the hole to bottom. The bore size would be good too.

Regards

Pat

46.97mm diameter (47mm)

skirt to top 40.5

center hole to top 17.5mm (from top of centre hole to top.)

centre hole to bottom is 12mm (again bottom of gudeon hole to bottom of skirt

my calipers are cheap so give or take a tiny bit

feeling smug i kept my old piston. knew it would come it, it is a mahle one, i replaced with a meteor pc1884b. 4 years ago still ok

I have had this on some Chinese pistons. It is a case of finding where the piston is impacting and grind the thing down to get it to fit. You can fit the piston and then wobble the piston to and forth so the crank leaves a witness mark and grind that area if safe to do so.

Bear in mind that the bottom of the inlet side of the piston dictates inlet duration timing so go carefully. 

Hi

I have an aged MS361 and approx 3 years ago I fitted a non-Stihl pot and piston.

It gave up recently, looked like one of the gudgeon pin clips worked itself loose.

I bought a better quality pot and piston, but the base of the skirt of the piston does not clear the crank assembly at BDC.

I measured the length of the piston, crown to bottom of the skirt, which is 41mm. Unfortunately, I threw away the old piston so cannot take measurements from this. The measurements I need are the piston length, length from centre hole to top and length from centre of the hole to bottom. The bore size would be good too.

Regards

Pat

Get sorted?

Sent from my SM-G390F using Arbtalk mobile app