A thought

sean

Apologies for not being Tree related but....

Went to Jasper's Primary school leavers assembly today which was absolutely brilliant. Very very funny with no teacher safe from a piss take. Watching these kids brought a lump to the throat. Having watched them grow up these last 6/7 years and seeing them blossom part of me wished that they could stay there, a little fearful about what their future will be like in big school and beyond. What I found most heartening and at the same time poignant was watching these kids, from all races, religions and backgrounds treat each other with love and kindness, free from the shackles and conditioning of bigotry and hatred. They were all friends, in it together and a reminder that it is parents, society and the media that will change some of them. It's up to all of us to stop this happening because to see them all together today in celebration was a beautiful thing to behold.

... Having watched them grow up these last 6/7 years and seeing them blossom part of me wished that they could stay there, a little fearful about what their future will be like in big school and beyond. ....

They morph in year 7 to be come horrible by year 8...:001_smile:

It is healthy to see that.

I used to work abroad with many different nationalities and religions, we all took the piss out of each other's nationality and personality with no offence taken. I think the main thing was that no malice was ever intended and each person took his fair share of piss take as well as giving it.

I certainaly said things out there that I wouldn't say here, think it would end badly, as people are a lot more sensitive, environment is different here.

What's the answer? I kinda like the innocence of youth or environment where friendly banter and tormenting is part of life without malice to each other and without having to worry about getting a knife into you.