Problem starting stihl 075

Hunter

I have bought 075 and I am unable to start it. Seller did confirm that saw is in good working order. I have checked spark plug and there is good spark.

The cord is very very hard to pull and sometimes As it will pull my arm off. I don't think decompression valve is working as it will not make difference if pushed or not.

When spark plug off cord can be pulled easily.

I have tried this procedure below but no luck

And ended with bruised arm and fingers.

Any suggestion.

2. Set choke switch on (to the rear)

3. Pull over motor until it "pops" or runs momentarily

4. Set choke switch off (forward)

5. Set the throttle lock on

6. Pull over motor until it runs

7. Release the throttle lock

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How far through the procedure did you get?

After pulling over, is the plug wet?

Saws of this age have a much more aggressive lead in to the magnet on the flywheel so you do need to be very decisive when pulling them over. Anything tentative and they will try to rip your fingers off!

Alec

I have managed to do all the procedure several times. And have removed the plug three times and dried it as it was wet so I guess saw was floading.

If you have followed the whole procedure, that suggests the saw started (since the final step is releasing the throttle lock once the saw is running)?

Alec

If you have followed the whole procedure, that suggests the saw started (since the final step is releasing the throttle lock once the saw is running)?

Alec

Sorry I meant the whole procedure a part from the last one.

There was only one time that the saw ran for one second but died before I realease the throttle.

If you cant get it going and are about sat pm ,give me a shout and pop over and i will take a look. If that helps

That is very kind of you. Will see how it goes, I have sent a message to the seller. I will let you know how I get on.

Can such saw be started if decompression valve is not working?

Can such saw be started if decompression valve is not working?

Yes - my 076 doesn't have one and I generally don't use the ones on the 070 or 090 as they are too difficult to reach as they don't pop in.

If it is easy to pull over with the spark plug out then it is not an issue with alignment of the fuel tank such as loose screws (common problem) or the bearings. You clearly have fuel and a spark and no reason to believe there is a lack of compression. I suggest tipping it up with the plug out to drain out any excess fuel that is now above the piston (which certainly won't help) and then warming the plug with a hot air gun before quickly putting it back in and trying to start it without the choke, just on throttle lock. If it's flooded, or there is a lot of oil that has worked its way past the piston whilst being shipped having been packed on end, this would clear it and it may run and sort itself out.

Alec