Kids harness.

tommer9

my brother who is 12 used to climb in a petzl harness in trees, but found it uncomfortable especially when using a strop for changeovers and not very comfy at all for work positioning as i've started getting him using my silky :biggrin: . its his birthday on the 11th of this month and we've got him a decent harness with side d's from tree worker that he tried on and had a brief climb at the arb fair, i cant remember the name of it but because its a surprise its been wrapped up and put away but i'll let you know how he gets on with it on the 11th :thumbup1:

Edited by Joe
spelling

Hi Tommer.

My 10 yr old daughter rockclimbs on a Petzl full-body harness. It's great at preventing inversion, because of the high tie-in point on the harness, but this same tie-in point prevents her from tree climbing effectively - it doesn't allow her to be suspended by the pelvis area and lean her upper-body outboard of that point. This isn't a problem rockclimbing because the harness is rarely 'used' ie. she's taking her own weight.

For moving about in the trees, she uses a small climbing harness. If I'm worried about inversion, I fit a light chest rig to a prussic which she adjusts herself.

I don't know what you want the harness for exactly, but I thought you should know of the very different suspension 'attitudes' that the two harness kinds provide.

P.S. Ebay always has kid's body harnesses for sale. Good luck.