Distel Gecko-Carbon Spurs

RPA

What garbage. Just because you don't weigh 9stone your not allowed lightweight spikes? your going to say you have to be 14 stone before you can hang a 660 of your harness next?

Don't take it so personal!

Just think it is funny all this hi-tech gizmos nowadays. ..sometimes people just take it a bit too far..carbon fibres spikes. lol :lol:

Start doing leg exercises if you find your legs heavy in the tree.

Don't take it so personal!

Just think it is funny all this hi-tech gizmos nowadays. ..sometimes people just take it a bit too far..carbon fibres spikes. lol :lol:

Start doing leg exercises if you find your legs heavy in the tree.

all about comfort not weight ....they feel like theres nothing on just a spiking spur extension on your saw boots and are so comfy and un awkward, just spent 3 days on them up skinny ash poles this week and after trying nearly all climbing irons over the years ,these are some of the best money can buy imo

all about comfort not weight ....they feel like theres nothing on just a spiking spur extension on your saw boots and are so comfy and un awkward, just spent 3 days on them up skinny ash poles this week and after trying nearly all climbing irons over the years ,these are some of the best money can buy imo

I have Gecko Aluminium. Very comfortable. But come Carbon fibre is taking it to far.

What next chainsaws with fricken Lazer beams! :lol:

dr-evil-photo.jpg.2f6da1da1542469108529d966c62cc85.jpg

price is no different so why not go for the lighter....also the carbon fibers are a slightly different shape that can be aquired due to been carbon fiber been so light ...dont knock em untill you have tryed! even then its down to personal preferance so i spose its what ever floats your boat ,some people cant get on with the way they are shaped but i think they are well desighned although there is complaints about the bottom strap slipping this is easily resolved by un doing the gaffs,trapping the strap and tightening it under the gaff.

Justin

18.5cm top of shank to bottom of foot plate (20cm to top of leg pad)

Weight - never seen max weight/load advertised on them, if there is then I will be too heavy, if there is not who gives a ........

My college tutor has a very similiar pair! Still uses them , in fact i borrowed them for a few jobs:laugh1:

They look like they belong in the archives mate, im sure some nice shiny geckos wont go a miss:)

i use the carbon fibre spikes and have done for a while and love them i didnt see the real difference till we wwere on site and had to remove a extra tree instead of prune it and i did the tree and borrowed some spikes i find the carbons are way more comfy and much better fit on the leg. thy just feel nicer.

saying this i was only on em for three hrs and didnt get a few weeks out of em but on initial impressions i wanted my carbons back. the sloppy foot velcro is a issue though but ive seen some people with the buckingham ones on there as replacemnets and used them and they seem good just not sure how they fixed them on.