which tree shear

John Shutler

YANMAR V1050 DIGGER | RJ and KD McLean Ltd – Tractors and Plant

Eddie

Would this machine be able to run a shear with a rotate function as well?

If you can tell from a quick glance at a picture....

Yes the Yanmar in the image certainly appears to have the necessary twin auxiliary circuits required for not only a shear with rotate function, but a Timber or Selector grab with rotate too if required.

As for Shear, if it's cut and drop you want then nothing to match an Exac-one cutting head. Cut and hold with a percentage chance of dropping material then an Intermercato Tiger Cut 200 can take any abuse you can throw at it! However the TMK simply can't be ignored? Incredible cut capacity and I'll tell you the trick to cutting half as much again as it's rating after this test one has gone back!!:biggrin:

TMK will also do a lightened version in thinner plate if weight is an issue.

Eddie.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Yanmar in the image certainly appears to have the necessary twin auxiliary circuits required for not only a shear with rotate function, but a Timber or Selector grab with rotate too if required.

As for Shear, if it's cut and drop you want then nothing to match an Exac-one cutting head. Cut and hold with a percentage chance of dropping material then an Intermercato Tiger Cut 200 can take any abuse you can throw at it! However the TMK simply can't be ignored? Incredible cut capacity and I'll tell you the trick to cutting half as much again as it's rating after this test one has gone back!!:biggrin:

TMK will also do a lightened version in thinner plate if weight is an issue.

Eddie.

Thanks Eddie, I know the tiger cut version has the option for a rotator as well where as I'm not sure if tmk offer a rotator version? Other wise you'd be going down the rototilt option as well?

One tip with the tiger cut, make certain the blade bolts are tight, and I mean tight, slightest play in them and my 8 tonner would fetch the whole set off in one go. Not the Shear's fault, I used it brutally under the Engcon on the 8 tonner, as the Engcon lets you pull at all sorts of odd angles.

Anyone purchasing for a 5 tonner can be confident you'll never hurt it!:thumbup1:

Eddie.

Thanks Eddie, I know the tiger cut version has the option for a rotator as well where as I'm not sure if tmk offer a rotator version? Other wise you'd be going down the rototilt option as well?

You will surprise yourself what you will achieve with a TMK and no rotate. They have a demo day in a week or so somewhere?

You have to remember that the steeper the angle from vertical the more chance it will get away from you with either the Tiger or the TMK.

Eddie.

You will surprise yourself what you will achieve with a TMK and no rotate. They have a demo day in a week or so somewhere?

You have to remember that the steeper the angle from vertical the more chance it will get away from you with either the Tiger or the TMK.

Eddie.

To be honest I hadn't thought about that, it would need to grab and then cut to work well in that function I guess

To be honest I hadn't thought about that, it would need to grab and then cut to work well in that function I guess

Yes that's why I ended up building my own. I used the Tiger cut minus the blade as the ultimate bombproof gripper unit and added the unrivalled Exac-One cutter underneath. Best off all worlds with the bonus of fully independent control of either grip or cutter unit.

You should see that go under the Engcon on my 8 tonner. You'd pay £22k to match it with a Westtech!

Eddie