Can you shed some light

jamesivor

29 and worked most of your life in the trade and only just got CS 30, what sort of companies have you been working for and what exactly have you been doing whilst on site?

Exactly what I'd be asking. One basic ticket in 11 years of tree surgery. Something sounds seriously wrong here.

I appreciate all the comments I keep asking why myself maybe the Joe blogs are being paid less some of the firms I was only on £50 a day I work my ass off not one f them offered to put me through tickets I paid out for my cs30 as I was promised a job but once I paid out and done it the job was never there maybe most firms just use me when there in the **** and then don't need me any more .. as for on site I was doing the normal groundie jobs as well as some felling being site Forman while the climber is up the tree I have even climbed once or twice but still no good

James

Can see you're frustrated. But some good advise already.

Let me be less subtle. If in over a decade you only have CS30 and are been paid less than minimum wage doing operations you're not qualified to do, you're working for the wrong people.

Find a good company that has a clear progression path for its employees. Lots on here maybe adjust the tone of 'life's unfair' and ask for help. I'm sure the arb lads on here can give you more specific advise.

Good luck.

James.

Edited by Jimbo 76
Spelling

Thanks buddy that was the intention of this post but I think the way I worded it at the start didn't help ha ha but I appreciate it all that has been said already and I totally get where your coming from with the wrong company's yes the climbers help the groundies teaching them bits and getting them to do little bits that's how people learn but to get people to do things that we all know we shouldn't isn't on and doesn't help in the long run

how come you only have cs30. Have you not thought about putting yourself through the tickets. In my view it is down to yourself to get yourself trained up, not the companies. I always think of it as investing in myself. As without the tickets, experience etc you wouldnt get work in the first place. So just think what would benefit you (in terms of getting extra work) and then set about achieving that. Also, why not go it alone.

This was just a post to see what people thought about it or if they had similar experiences not a hint for a job or anything it's just annoying that Joe blogs who doesn't know how to fuel a saw let alone run one can seem to get more work than I can with knowledge and tickets

Not by any means trying to put you down, but if it was me & I had worked for several different company's only to be let go in favor of some one less skilled, on receiving my P45 or whatever the dismissal form is,I would ask for a meeting with the guy letting me go & find out his reason for doing this, if you keep your cool, & ask in a reasonable manner you should get a reason, I say this as it has happened a few times so would guess it's something other than a non like scenario between 1 boss man & yourself At least then you would know the reason If it's a c**p reason you are probably best somewhere else. Good luck.