Oak Removal

liamjordan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice avatar there dean, i love how you captured the death of the tree yet ironically have the 5million volt power lines in the back ground. nicely done

I had to take it down, it was riddled with Merip if it would have failed and taken down the lines you would not have been able to watch strictly come dancing and this from a guy that is wanting to fit an eberspacher heater into the back of his van to make sure he is still burning fossil fuels whilst he sleeps :thumbdown:

i do believe it was a tyre burning pyromaniac that offered me the solution to my damp trousers.:sneaky2:do you still carry your range of diseased slices of wood to make into stumps for the tree officer deano. i remember finding that in the back of the land cruiser, i thought it was a flooring catalogue from b+q:lol:

i do believe it was a tyre burning pyromaniac that offered me the solution to my damp trousers.:sneaky2:do you still carry your range of diseased slices of wood to make into stumps for the tree officer deano. i remember finding that in the back of the land cruiser, i thought it was a flooring catalogue from b+q:lol:

Whats a Tree Officer :confused1:

Hard to really try and second guess the structural condition from some non specific photos, but I'd disagree with you on principal here Stevie.

Twin stemmed, with I guess a minimun of 50 years of adaptive growth going on.

Yeah it's old, more than likely to be older than the property directly opposite.

But could conceivably still have had decades if not centuries in her.

Liberal Conservation is just as applicable to our country side trees as it is in urban environment, espeicially with the ammount of Oak, Ash & Elm decline I see on my travels throughout the country.

Stevie, in natural terms we had 80% tree cover on these shores a blink of the ecological eye ago.

Cuirently at around 8%, you do the Math :001_smile:

:congrats:

Its blatantly obvious to me why the tree had to come down, all those horrible leaves would have been falling anytime soon, making the road treacherously slippery and blocking drains. The extra light flooding into the house will save lights being on all day. Lets face it, trees are a pita to most people and should be far away in a rain forest for cute little furry monkeyd's to play in, not beside a road waiting to cause an accident.