Whats the chances of a bargain at some of Hewdens disposal auctions

difflock

I'd say the oppisate, at most of the big plant auction companies its a 10% deposit up front to bid, wether online or at auction itself.

Been down to quite a few recently as been buying some plant for myself, if u've got a bit of cash and wanting newer machines u see some quite big savings at the auctions, but after 4 yrs till about 10+yrs old they pretty much hold there value.

To be honest the auctions aren't really much cheaper than some of the smaller independent plant dealers if ur looking for an older machine in decent nick.

Some real scrap diggers were making decent money. And the weak pound did put the digger price up but it has came back a bit and dumpers are down to wot they were pre brexit

There is some scrap at auction so i'd definately go in person and look the machines over. At Euro auction all the keys should be in the machines so u can start them and test stuff

Some of the internet bid prices are crazy and its fairly obvious they have not looked at the machine.

When ever i bid at auction or even more so online u need to be gettig it a good bit cheaper to cover any problems

Why not try and go to Hewdens directly...???

'It's a disposal auction 'for a reason'...

I used to work for Nixon Plant Hire, and many people would come straight to us to buy a machine, thus leaving the really bad stuff for the auctions...

Ernst and Young will have signed a contract with Euro auctions, There is no way legally they could sell you 1 machine. Even if they hadn't with the prospect of thousands of machines to sell, unless you wanted to buy hundreds, they will not even consider such a request