Oz tree ID

rajojo

The one with the yellow flowers is Acacia Julibrisca (I thinK) or a wattle. I think over there it might be called a Tasmanian blackwood, but i could be getting confused with another tree. Couldnt tell you all the different species of eucalyptus. The big one in the middle looks like a bunya bunya pine to me, did it have massive cones (like rugby ball size)? Or could be a queensland kauri, but the bark doesnt look right.

11th picture down is a Western Australian Peppermint, the National State tree of WA. they certainly live up to their name, and you get an amazing peppermint smell when chipped.

unfortunately also home to the little biting black ants, when i was in WA, glazed a few hitches getting out of these trees super quick to strip off and get the little buggers out of places i didnt know existed! LOL.

• 5 weeks later...

My guess is the third one down (Bark.jpg) is a Wandoo.

I live in perth, australia and this is common here. It's very hard to identify dead trees but the curl in the grain at 45% is common in old hollow Wandoos.

It is one of the heaviest and hardest of all Eucalypts.

When it is seasoned you can't hammer a nail into it and you can't split it by hand.

It used to be used for railway sleepers and dance floors.

A guy called brady in the SW makes one piece drums out of old hollow wandoos and his snare drums are used by a lot of big name bands.

Theres 900 different eucalypyts and i haven't even seen half of them.