seo / google adds thing

bythamboy

no I don't pay for add words or anything else , I did some years ago for just 3 months but decided it was not cost efficient . " marc " is right in stating that my post is more about that the paid for adds are pushing us other folk down the list regardless of optimising with key words , because the page is flooded with these adds , some aren't even local .

Yes we have noticed the same, our site which is well optimised is nearly half way down the 1st page, for me it's just a marketing ploy by Google, I even notice now on Facebook our competitors feature in my news feed complete with lovely images of guys in wife beaters felling trees at ground level in spikes and a harness, guess they are paying to have ads focused at me due to my search history and general browsing/Facebook views? Great targeting!

Those that suddenly want that tree/hedge whatever sort in are unlikely to be targeted by these ads, they will just search, some will be naive and go straight to top page, some will see through it and choose the local guy who is organically top of the list.

Internet sales have been over the last 10years not a great lead, wether this will change I do not know. What I do know from our experience is good reputation and positive feedback is where the business comes from.

Internet sales have been over the last 10years not a great lead, wether this will change I do not know. What I do know from our experience is good reputation and positive feedback is where the business comes from.

The hard part is getting enough of a customer base to get you there.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

How regularly is your content updated on your site? Do you have social media: Facebook/instagram/twitter etc connected to your business and site? If so, how regularly are these updated. Are all of the images in your site named and alt tagged with labels pertaining to the type of work you do/wish to do. Are people interacting with your site/sites? Do you have a Google maps page? If so how many?

Moons ago, it was all about having Tree Surgeon:Tree Feller: Hedge Cutterer: Stump grinder etc, and making your site full of geographical references in order to pimp your site. Things have changed. You need to engage people.