Spark arrester gauze

case mx270

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ran it up for a few minutes Christmas Eve and then burnt my wrist on the flippin muffler.....if you can call it that:thumbdown: Sounded good though:thumbup:

They haven't got much of a muffler those macs the muffler on my 125 is like an old alfa Romeo wing thin and rusty .:thumbup::thumbup:

I set fire to a log pile once with my 395 . ( twin port muffler ) It was very dry and a stiff breeze was blowing . To and fro with buckets of water on the hurry up ! That was the only time .

So you was running as fast as those cider men chasing the Chiefs on New Year's Day :thumbup::lol:

I take it they don't all have them then ? On the parts diagram its got one for models sold in USA Australia and NZ I guess that's cause its dry and dusty over there

Generally, yes. Many saws just have a baffle plate of one type or another and have no spark arrestor at all but they are more common in dry countries for obvious reasons. They are normally a small sheet of course gauze that covers the muffler exit hole and held in place with a small screw.

In my case, it is rare I get Dolmar/Makita kit in hence my comments. The parts list would generally list all the muffler types and list the markets the parts would service.

If you haven't got this gauze over the outlet, it is safe to say that your muffler has no spark arrestor.