Which Chipper??

Stuart Witt

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello im skyhucks subbie and yes i have a landforce.It has had its problems and its secnd hand so wat do you expect.

I am happy with it,it chips like f**k and i can get on with my job the rollers work fine.The stop bar has a pin to reduse rattling it is a bit heavier than some and that is because it is made of steel not tin.

How can you critisise on a machne so much?

You have to use it for a lenght of time to realy appreciate them.

I have a high expectation of my kit its my living and my life depends on it.

Dont critisisize someone you dont know!!!!!

Hello im skyhucks subbie and yes i have a landforce.It has had its problems and its secnd hand so wat do you expect.

I am happy with it,it chips like f**k and i can get on with my job the rollers work fine.The stop bar has a pin to reduse rattling it is a bit heavier than some and that is because it is made of steel not tin.

How can you critisise on a machne so much?

You have to use it for a lenght of time to realy appreciate them.

I have a high expectation of my kit its my living and my life depends on it.

Dont critisisize someone you dont know!!!!!

I had a demo on 3 different machines - Landforce was one of them, and it was the worst performer. This is the extent of my experience with them, thank god. The reason I critisise the machine is because I think it performs below average compared with its competitors. I have never used an old Landforce like yours so I couldn't comment on its performance - perhaps they're better than the new ones??

Lets face it, what do we want from our chippers? So long as it starts every day, chips the most awkward stuff with the minimum of hassle, discharges well, thats all that really affects us. Does it matter whether its brand new or 2nd hand, whether its a Timberwolf/Schliesing/Jensen?

I co-own a Jensen 518, and to me its the best damn chipper I have, as I said, it starts, chips, and discharges well, its (fairly) reliable. Its light enough to tow around off-road with a quad, yet heavy enough not to bounce all over the road.

Flaws with it: draw-bar required re-welding back on (metal fatigue), engine mounts needed re-welding (metal fatigue)

Pluses: Easy access for maintenance, takes about 5mins to grease up the gear cogs, grease nipples are in easy, visible reach. Discharge spout is nice and high, so will throw the chip a good distance.

Good spares back up too from Wessex.

Does it matter whether its brand new or 2nd hand

I think this matters quite a lot actually! You would like to think that a brand new chipper would be more reliable and last longer than a secondhand one. Though if you can only afford secondhand that's obviously a lot better than nothing:wave:

I think that a second hand chipper is better than nothing,I wundered how the f**k i managed jamming all the brash into a tranny van.Thank god for the second hand market.

From what I can gather from your previous posts I reckon you need to start stinging Mr Huck for some more money:alberteinstein: