weed control membrane!?

phil123

Weeds and the seeds produced by same are use to harsh growing conditions. The slightest amount of organic material will suffice to allow seeds to germinate and grow on top of any material.

Even if the OP decides to explain his mistake to his customer I would be surprised if the customer would be very understanding.

easy-lift guy

Thanks so much for the replies guys really I appreciate it. I was lead to believe that the woven fabric was for use under aggregates and the spun type was for bark chips etc? well that's what I interpreted from their website anyway.

Ok so really my best bet is to do an intensive course of glyphosate and see how it goes...

And if the problem persists to lift it all up and put the spun fabric down by the sounds of it? what a bugger :thumbdown:

Or is it not going to be worth doing the weed killer and just go straight for the fabric? Sounds like it needs regular spraying either way? :sad:

Cheers.

if that is acanthus in the second picture,nuclear war wont stop it, third picture looks like onion grass,little bulbs that seem to grow through anything, i feel your pain

This has happened to me

Yea there certainly was thousands of tiny bulbs which I made sure I was extra careful to remove all of them but it seems not careful enough.

What did you do when you had this situation miker?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Yea there certainly was thousands of tiny bulbs which I made sure I was extra careful to remove all of them but it seems not careful enough.

What did you do when you had this situation miker?

Thanks.

Hi Mate, what others have said, glypho every month and topping up gravel level also helped,100mm deep now