Rewards/ Bonus

jimmy_timber

Haha what position in the industry are you in mate? Employing multiple people?

That ladder incident was just an "accident" was it?

Sorry but I don't understand your comment or what you find funny, I don't employ anyone as I'm self employed but I've been an employee for long enough in the past. As for the ladder, I didn't say it was "just an accident", I suggested that it may have been an oversight due to circumstances at the time. Of course I wasn't there to know :confused1:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use my own saws and climbing kit if I'm subbing although I use the other kit same as everyone else (blowers, Pole saws, trimmers etc) I'd be gutted if I broke something that wasn't my own but equally if it was suggested I pay for damage to a bit of kit that was already well hammered I'd be pretty miffed as I'm careful with any kit but when you're on someone elses time and under pressure things get hammered. If it was crass stupidity on my part then I'd offer to pay for it (hoping I wouldn't have to), if I was making a habit of it I guess the offer of work would dry up pretty quickly.

I'm not unsympathetic to employers but tree work is tough, the pay isn't great and I hate to see guys get screwed over by employers who appear to have plenty of cash for nice houses, grand holidays and new cars but don't appear to be able to afford the repair bill for the equipment that's being used to keep them in the manner to which they've become accustomed.

Not suggesting that any of the employers who responded on this thread are like that, as I said at the outset it's just a general view and yeah I agree that there's a difference between accident and apathy.

Also Joe, what you're doing is right, you're the Team leader and leading by example, the difference between a Leader and a Boss? A boss tells you what to do, a leader shows you. :thumbup1:

If employers are all doing so well then why don't you setup, employ a couple of guys and see how long it is before you feel the constant urge to strangle someone/cry/drink to numb the pain. Sometimes all at once.

Posts on this thread should be prefaced by the employment status of the author. Though that wouldn't be any fun.

If employers are all doing so well then why don't you setup, employ a couple of guys and see how long it is before you feel the constant urge to strangle someone/cry/drink to numb the pain. Sometimes all at once.

Posts on this thread should be prefaced by the employment status of the author. Though that wouldn't be any fun.

I could suggest that if they're all doing so badly why don't they pack it in and go work for someone else. Fact is I'm not unsympathetic to the frustrations of an employer (I guess you missed the part where I previously stated that) but in the absence of 1st hand knowledge (and before you ask how I could have 1st hand knowledge if I'm not an employer, I can tell if is someone I'm working with is careless or careful) I'll generally tend be more sympathetic to the employee, you appear to be more sympathetic of the employer.

Anyway, I get the feeling I'm not considered to be worthy of an opinion so I won't comment on the matter again.