Worst time of your week

Qvatrees

Mines about now, my little boy goes back to his mum till Wednesday. I know I've got it good because some dads never see their children at all and I get Ron every weekend, all weekend and overnight weds but it's still pretty miserable.

So what's your worst time of week and why ??

I get my lad at weekends and wednesday for tea i hate taking him back to his mams and he hates going! One tip i use is i tell him to make a list of the things he wants us to do at the weekend when he comes back ie fishing, shooting, going out in the boat, cutting logs, feeding the animals, baking cakes and pies, i make a big thing of it and get him excited telling him we,ll tick the things off his list as we do them, it helps him get out of my car and into the house without tears which kills me!

I solved the tears by making sure he thinks as much of his time with his mum as he does with me. Never slated her to him, never will. But the little People in our lives usually see dad as fun (logs, tractors, diggers etc) where as mum does the boring stuff. Most of the school runs, most of the homework etc etc. might not work for everyone but it does for us. Can see how it would be a lot worse if my ex wasn't so reasonable.

My wife threw me out over 10 years ago when the kids where 5 and 7. It affected my son(7) a lot more than my daughter. I get the standard Divorced Dad's time - alternate weekends and tea on Wednesday the magic 104 nights.....

I have to say that because their mother and I are so very different - it does mean that they did have two lives really. I admit that taking them back was always very difficult and upsetting but that is life tbh. When they did used to get upset, I focused them on the positive things like that their mother loved them, they had pets etc, fridge always full...blah blah blah.

My son appreciates that I stayed single for the most part to be there for them and now I have a partner - my life, and theirs, will change again, but then, they are growing up and the dynamic will change again because of that too.

My daughter is so very much like her mother, so we don't get on and contact will be lost again......shame, but life goes on and on.

Good luck with your son, cherish the time and the events that you come across, teach him well and allow him to grow. He will be okay in the end......and be grateful for having a good ex!