My dolmar 5105 died today

THE88MAN

Can't believe it,i have lots of saws but this little wasp is my favourite,stopped suddenly today,stripped it tonight,heavily scored piston and pinched ring.bought stateside so my warranty is probably worthless.not missed a beat in 8 months,gutted

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe it,i have lots of saws but this little wasp is my favourite,stopped suddenly today,stripped it tonight,heavily scored piston and pinched ring.bought stateside so my warranty is probably worthless.not missed a beat in 8 months,gutted

Speak to Shavey, he can get bits fast. Was your Cat muffllered? Guess so being a US model ?

thats a shame mate thats happened i think the us models did come to the dealers quite lean to meet the emmissions laws i changed the cat muffler on mine and adjusted the carb what year is your saw mine is 2010 usa model

Speak to Shavey, he can get bits fast. Was your Cat muffllered? Guess so being a US model ?

yes,i reset the carb myself as I wasn't happy how she was running after a day or two,then I had her 'factory' set up by a guy that knows more than me.i'll catch mr shavey and maybe even mr spud for a diagnosis

thats a shame mate thats happened i think the us models did come to the dealers quite lean to meet the emmissions laws i changed the cat muffler on mine and adjusted the carb what year is your saw mine is 2010 usa model

Im on stihl hp as well :eek: will mine be ok Andrew?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

2013 mate

Im on stihl hp as well :eek: will mine be ok Andrew?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

hello ian you are ok :thumbup: they recomend the fully synthetic oils i had a consignment of fully syntheic dolmar 2-stroke oil arrive today and its ISO-L-EGD api tc jaso fd the stihl HP super is iso-l-egd and its what they all use this engine failure is a rare thing i had alot of communication with them about reliability before deciding to sell there products

and you have a very good warranty :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by shavey