qualifications for tree surveys

simonm

I want to start doing tree surveys etc but don't have any formal qualifications as such only stuff I have learnt from doing tree work. Can somebody point me in the right direction with regards to the qualifications I need.

This would be a good start, quite full on if you haven't done anything before but it on my list for next year.

Arboricultural Association - Course Detail

You should really have an L3 qualification in arb before you do PTI otherwise you may be a bit lost.

A level 2 qualification should really be your starting point. If you have a good understanding of trees then you may be able to skip L2 and go straight to L3 or L4. I would recommend the ABC qualifications with Treelife. They do L2, L4, and L6.

You should really have an L3 qualification in arb before you do PTI otherwise you may be a bit lost.

A level 2 qualification should really be your starting point. If you have a good understanding of trees then you may be able to skip L2 and go straight to L3 or L4. I would recommend the ABC qualifications with Treelife. They do L2, L4, and L6.

If i am reading their website right you may be able to obtain level 2 in 10 months over 12 classroom sessions, i assume their will also be coursework involved? this looks doable as 12 days spread over 10 months when your running a business is not too bad. Have you done a course with them?

If i am reading their website right you may be able to obtain level 2 in 10 months over 12 classroom sessions, i assume their will also be coursework involved? this looks doable as 12 days spread over 10 months when your running a business is not too bad. Have you done a course with them?

Yes it is strongly based around course work. You will get lots of assignments to do and you hand them in at the next session. They then mark and give back with feedback for you to improve if you need to. The way the ABC qualifications work is that you have to get 100% to pass the unit. So resubbmissions and guidance is key. The learning is really complete as you can't progress with 50% as with many courses. Don't let this put you off though, it is an excellent way to learn.

Yes I have studied with them before. I did my level 6 with them between 2012-2014. Before that I did tech cert which is the old version of the L4. Did PTI with them along with several one day courses and doing the expert witness training with them next month I think. That should give you an idea of how highly I rate their training. Several people on here will tell you the same.

Give them a call. They are very helpful. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Cheers