Tractor or not?

TTP

So I've been a self employed climber for 5 years now and feeling I need to progress and adapt, I don't want to work for other companies for much longer and i don't really want a van and chipper, I want to get into larger machinery, I like the idea of a tractor setup and seen an 85hp kubota. I'm thinking maybe getting a pto chipper, gang mower etc.

Just looking for advice and opinions on doing this sort of thing and also is there the work out there? (I'm Manchester way).

Cheers in advance

Do you have somewhere to store it and all the extras such as trailer chipper etc and somewhere to put a diesel tank for it.

Tractors are expensive and there is no one size fits all for them. If your arb based being a climber would a 360 with a grapple be a better bit of kit. Mowing work such as paddock maintenance often has more travel time than mowing time.

Yer I live on a farm and already have acess to my dads valmet 6000 but wanted a slightly smaller rig with grass tyres. I class myself a a capable climber who can do most jobs thrown my way but I don't want to be climbing forever, I do fancy mowing as a side line and thought about it for a while now and traveling doesn't bother me.

Like I say I'm in two minds to get a van and chipper or tractor and chipper plus mower etc.

id agree with the unimog, chipper and mower, ive had tractor and chipper for last 10 years and although it has served me well it can be painfully slow on long road journeys and if you need to remove chip from site you need another vehicle. unimog can do it all in one.

Yer I see your point Stephen and I will be sure to look into the market before spending!

There are a load of playing field, small holdings etc that look high maintenance around here. It's not that I don't like climbing because I love it but I'm just thinking of the future really.