E Bay ..how long

IVECOKID

If you have sold a item and it needs picking up how long would you wait till they contact you to arrange pickup and payment , sold a old tractor Friday and nothing heard since , have e mailed etc .

I will be gutted if they pull out has at 1700 views and 162 watchers plus endless e mails there was a lot of interest. .

Ste

If you have sold a item and it needs picking up how long would you wait till they contact you to arrange pickup and payment , sold a old tractor Friday and nothing heard since , have e mailed etc .

I will be gutted if they pull out has at 1700 views and 162 watchers plus endless e mails there was a lot of interest. .

Ste

It depends if you put a time in your listing. If not, it will come down to what Ebay thinks is reasonable. Have you tried to contact them?

Edited by felixthelogchopper
Realised that they hadn't paid.

It depends if you put a time in your listing. If not, it will come down to what Ebay thinks is reasonable. Have you tried to contact them?

I Have e mailed twice and no reply , just hate the waiting game and then a reply saying mistake . Friday night auction ended at 10 o'clock and probably a Pub bid !

Ste

I think the 3 days you have given him is fair, you could raise a non payment with eBay and I think that involves them sending an email to the time waster and giving him another set time from memory it may be 3 days again, then the sale is cancelled and you are free to give the 2nd placed bidder a 2nd chance offer.

It happened to me with a bike I was selling, person never replied etc etc I offered it to 2nd placed bidder no reply from them either so I relisted, got a lot less 2nd time round.

The power of the internet !! Got his mobile and bingo sorted for weekend.:thumbup:

Ste

Thats the thing on Ebay as i understand how it works.. Email through them seems to be your first and only point of contact with seller/Buyer.

Have been lucky so far with contacts but am sort of waiting for the first load of aggro.