Today's Grumble is.......

IVECOKID

Customers who accept your quote, book you in then later on cancel.

Had one on Sunday, didn't answer the door so I phoned him, no reply.

Started driving home when he phoned back so back I go (only about 2 miles so saved a longer trip).

We discussed what he wanted and he agreed to my price, and booked it in.

Yesterday I got a text (the preferred option of time-wasters) telling me his old tree surgeon mate had just, coincidentally, phoned him so He will use him instead.

Why do some people accept a quote when they know they have more to come?

It makes such a mess in the diary.

I've just had a customer get back to me this week, after our initial contact in mid-may. She wanted consultancy/project management of quite an awkward situation, I confirmed in writing what I can do and I expected some documentation back from her eg contractual agreement/purchase order/other documents she has pertinent to the job. I heard nothing, so followed up in the second week of June - still no return calls, mail or email, so I gave up as a lost cause.

However, she got on the phone on Friday pretty much asking what I was playing at and how far along are we with the job? When I reminded her that she had gone to ground and I hadn't received a PO or the other docs and she just made up some rubbish about thinking that I must have gone on holiday as this happens at this time of year!

I just wish she told the truth and admitted she put it to one side to think on, or even just forgot, rather then wasting everyone's time with a cock and bull story...