Saw and blower problems...

Little Butch

Got given an ms170 which apparently didn't run. After some fresh fuel it fired up perfectly and after a while it eventually revved up fine. Used it cutting some oak up for my parents a couple of days ago and it ran perfectly for about 15 minutes, then slowly the revs lowered and it died. If you let it rest for a bit it will eventually start and do the same again... Any ideas what this could be?

I've also got an old stihl blower, runs okay as long as you keep pumping the primer while it's running. What could this be? Blocked jet or something? Perished pipe?

Saw is possibly low comp . caused by wear/previously light seize in the piston and cylinder . starts and runs initially then as things warm up and expand clearances become wider and comp drops off to below whats needed for combustion .

Whipped the exhaust off, pulled it over slowly so I could see the piston properly, didn't notice anything abnormal, rings looked okay too. So what's next lol? :S

Could be a blocked tank breather . Eventual sucks a vacuum . Try cleaning / or fitting a new breather .

Whipped the exhaust off, pulled it over slowly so I could see the piston properly, didn't notice anything abnormal, rings looked okay too. So what's next lol? :S

Just strip the carb and clean it and reset the metering arm

Quite often it is all they need!