Mini loader or stump grinder

Will Ayers

I'm after a bit of advice about where to put my money:001_smile:... Do I buy a mini loader to do most of my heavy lifting etc or do I spend my money on a little stump grinder to expand the services my business offers? Or do I put the money in my personal account and spend it on beer and takeaways?:001_cool:

I currently sub out my grinding to another local firm but would kind of like to be able to provide the whole package myself. so ive been looking at the predator 360 turntable jobby.

but I also would LOVE to own a Sherpa 100 miniloader, skidster, Kanga or similar, as it would make moving logs and brash a thing of ease. it would do the work of ten men!

In the long run I will be looking to buy both as the business grows but Im just not certain which way to put my cash!

any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated!:thumbup:

I'm after a bit of advice about where to put my money:001_smile:... Do I buy a mini loader to do most of my heavy lifting etc or do I spend my money on a little stump grinder to expand the services my business offers? Or do I put the money in my personal account and spend it on beer and takeaways?:001_cool:

I currently sub out my grinding to another local firm but would kind of like to be able to provide the whole package myself. so ive been looking at the predator 360 turntable jobby.

but I also would LOVE to own a Sherpa 100 miniloader, skidster, Kanga or similar, as it would make moving logs and brash a thing of ease. it would do the work of ten men!

In the long run I will be looking to buy both as the business grows but Im just not certain which way to put my cash!

any experience or advice would be greatly appreciated!:thumbup:

Buy which ever you will use most straight away

Will how's things the small skid steers your thinking about are not really productive for the money. To make you need to spend more on a bigger machine. How many jobs do you do that warrant it's use.

I ve got a predator 350 stumpy that I use if the Vermeer 252 won t go and it's very productive. I have done 2ft plus beech stumps quite happily. They don t go too deep unless you dig down. I rekon the 360 would great little machine and a much better investment and easier to push the service and get a greater return.

Cheers for the advice Blake. I do like the look of the 360. Having used mini loaders on site before I know it would be useful in every takedown that had an access wider than 800mm so at least once a fortnight. There have been jobs where a loader would have saved half a days labour. You can pick them up for similar money to the cost of the predator 360!!

Yep you can get them I looked for while but they are second hand with high hrs and probably cost more keeping going. Unless you want the wood try and find firewood guys that may want if they come and pick it up them selves. Works quite well for me some of them stick around and rake up. Bonus.

My 2 cents, get the loader first, that will generate more money, you can continue to sub out the grinding (presumably making money on top) until you have enough to get a dedicated grinder.

I've looked into grinder attachements on loaders, I don't think they really cut the mustard.

Like I said, just my take.

That good eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The grinder on mine was handy, but with everything it had it's limitations. It's an excellent addition to a mini loader making the machine more versatile I just wanted a bigger dedicated grinder

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk