roof rack on truckman canopy?

normandylumberjack

Hi there boys and girls,

I need to fit a roof rack/ladder rack on my 06' Ford ranger double cab, and wondered if anyone had any ideas on how to do so?

I looked on truckmans website and see that they do some chrome rails that can have bars fitted, but I don't like the look of them. I would like something low profile like the utility companies have, but not sure how to make/fix.:confused1:

I have no welding skills at all, so it really needs to be either pre fab, or bolt together.

If anyone has done similar can they post a picture or two?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody? Can i just bold direct to the canopy some basic cross bars?

The single cab canopy has the rubber moulded attachment bars. Yours being single not sure why not the same? A few of my friends have the single and have the moulded on there's .

I think you'll need to fab something up for the roof bar brackets to bolt onto. No need to weld anything. Just do a rough design as to what you want and get someone to make you some or source something that does the job.:thumbup1:

So after searching the net and getting nowhere fast, I thought I would talk to a fabricator. A local guy, he wanted 800€ for a simple set of roof bars to fit the canopy :001_huh:.

So today I went to our local ag merchants and purchased some brackets, threaded bar, tube, some washers and nuts and bolts. sum total 54€.

And this is what I have made. I hope it works ok, but for the money I am willing to take a chance. Any ideas on improvements or faults much appreciated.

SNB24772.jpg.b0ea99aef9b65dc37bc0f14401f5ffef.jpg

SNB24771.jpg.7e01ef27f70ee885cfc35b97b8d1c01f.jpg

SNB24770.jpg.14985824563d81403d82bc9a2ad50170.jpg

SNB24769.jpg.9d24c82802cd0fc9e3126cfceeb097ff.jpg

Firstly Im thinking of something similar albeit on a 02 single cab Hilux with the high Truckman top.

On my rear window its printed the ladder areas are rated 75kg max evenly distributed.

Seeing as there is no support only fibreglass Id be wary of anything more than a couple of ladders.

Unless you can get a set of bars made to support the part of the roof the rack will sit on I would not put much weight on the canopy.

Try Tiger Seal around your bolts it will seal up your roof, Tec 7 will work too