Timberwolf sx200

richy_B

Hello, anyone owned or had a lot of use of these? Only been about a few years and I heard from my local dealer, they are no longer being produced.

I'm dealing with lots of lime basal growth prunings and I am looking at a new option for managing it. Chipping it is ok but it tangles around the rollers frequently. You cant bundle a bit armful in either in a 125/150 - it needs to be fed in. As the material is scooped off the floor there is risk of a bit of rubbish getting in hence chipper over shredder preference.

I've used the bigger s426 several times but might be over kill amd I budget won't stretch to a nearly new version (and second hands are rare).

I like the 'sharp hammers' the sx200 is said to have, sounds ideal. Is an option on the s426 as well.

Any reviews?

Yes, saw this. It looks like a decent machine and I assume it willl share quite a few components with the 125 chipper, which i did use for a few years.

Its just not a widely used machine and if TW aren't making it anymore, it has got be slightly concerned.

I am going to get one hire for a week and see what i think.

• 1 month later...
I have a sx200dhb© for sale... it's the kubota diesel model with conveyor, hence the d and © 2013 140 hours excellent condition as you'd expect with them hours

Give me a PM with a price and location and we could have a chat about it.

• 4 months later...

After keeping an eye out for 8 months I finally bought one. Petrol model with conveyor. Would have prefered a diesel but it was a really good price for hours and condition. Done a few hours with brashy material and it's works a treat. Will be out working all Summer.

a91a197f45370f0cfa8b0d7677575b1d.jpg

Edited by richy_B