Mounting a crane to a bandit 990xp

prolinep

Just wondering if anyone had though of this or was doing it on their 990?? I quite like the idea and have yet to speak to global if it's even an option but wondered if anyone else has done it ?? Would make loads of sense and production would be rapid.

Cheers

Si

Yeah I thought that, but we run a skidsteer so when ever there's dragging we just use that, the only thing we find is loading it with a machine is a lot more effective than by hand as you struggle to pick up what it will eat, so I though a small timber crane would feed it nice and quick. We feed if with the skidsteer but it's a bit of a challenge .

Get better at feeding with the loader, saves double handling. There is a bit of knack to it.

The vermeer grab is not ideally suited to loading with the machine because it doesn't turn past about a 270 degree arc.

What the guys in the US do with the BMG grapple is not achievable with the Vermeer one. Of course the vermeer grapple has advantages over that of the BMG for me.

It would almost certainly be easier to feed a chipper with a muck grab.

Prolineep, why dont you by a BMG grapple and some stockboard and just put a winch on the chipper?

Of course a crane on the chipper wouldn't hurt, or even really cost that much. Maybe 7k total as you already have the flow for the winch installed. just put 4 legs on it so you aren't trying to bend the chipper in half. A farma 4m or similar would probably do the job and just use the skid steer to get the brash close enough.

currently looking to put a vavah jussi 400 crane on it. that way it won't overload the chipper at all as the weight it lifts isn't that of a farmi so hopefully this will stop someone overloading the crane. the crane i can get cheaper from my local vavah dealer than the winch kit ... plus the jussi crane has a winch on it so i can just use that.

the issue with loading the chipper with the skid steer is you need to be practically tracking on top of the brash you want to load to push it as the arms are so small. don't get me wrong the skid steer will out drag anything like a little digger so its horses for course. but i can fill a 7.5t lorry with a machine feeding the chipper in 11mins, so I'm just looking for away to save me having to take 100 trucks to a job to pull kit in.. the crane on the back seems more self contained.