Corkscrew lime / twisted Tilia?

sloth

There was a thread on fasciation, but this isn't that. Apparently, after some googling, I see you can get a Tilia platyphyllos 'tortuosa'. Although this was a sizable mature lime just inside a wooded area, so I'd be surprised if it was planted...

Root a cutting of the growth and see if you've got a new variety?

I did 'harvest' a few twigs. I've never tried it before though, any tips? My wife does have some blue powder rooting compound somewhere, but I don't know what to do with it!

Cheers...

Make up a pot of potting compost and sharp sand equal amounts mixed in. Dip in the rooting hormone (works better if fresh) and push in around the edges of the pot and water well. Put a polythene bag over them and put them in a sheltered shady spot. May not root as a bit late with the leaves coming out but may do.

Have to say though that my money would be on drifted selective herbicide causing growth distortion, especially as it is the lower branches.