stein boots....

treewizard

one of my chaps bought a pair 4 months ago , they have split , a few of the laicing eyelets have come of and the sole has just started to come away from the boot , i would expect this from someone wearing them 6 days a week but he has only been wearing them 3 days a week as he was at college . thankfully he has seen sence and gone for the mendel airstreams

Some of us are much harder on kit than others, a pair of boots may last 1 year for some and only 6 months for others.

Also i've had 2 pairs of Meindl Wauldlaufer first pair gave me over 1 years service, second fell aprt in under 9 months, the glue on the sole failed and leather didn't last as long.

So there can be inconsistencys with even the same boot.

Some of us are much harder on kit than others, a pair of boots may last 1 year for some and only 6 months for others.

Also i've had 2 pairs of Meindl Wauldlaufer first pair gave me over 1 years service, second fell aprt in under 9 months, the glue on the sole failed and leather didn't last as long.

So there can be inconsistencys with even the same boot.

i had the same issue with haix boots , i guess its just luck of the draw lets be honest chainsaw boots have come on a hell of allot sice the old brown stihl loggers boots .

Why should there be inconsistencies in quality of boots or any other clothing product costing in excess of 100 odd quid? Why should we spend our hard-earned money on a product that may or not be able to wear well. I know my clients ALWAYS expect quality of workmanship for their money. Accepting poorer performance from a product would mean that manufacturers will lower their standards.