homemade thermal energy

slasherscot

High-Performance HeatGreen Home Heating System Version 3a

came across this, not sure how practical this is, or if anyone on here as tried to build 1, but would seem a good way to heat a workshop and get rid of some green waste......sawdust, lawn and hedge cuttings etc

Blimey

did you read all that:biggrin:

I often think a hose buried within our chip pile would create quite a bit of heating if water in it could be pumped around the house

If you search for Jean Pain on YouTube you can see all kinds of different methods which he has tried. A mate of mine had a quick try and with a 3m diameter pile it was quite surprising. I intend to have a bash one day. Heating greenhouses, log stores, workshops etc.

We just had it plumbed up to the mains water at the bottom of the pipe and hot water comes out of the top. If you can get a good circuit and add a pump it could be really useful.