I Ported my 346XP

spudulike

Well - at long last I have had the time to take the porting file to the ports of my 346XP 50cc silverside.

From the pics, I have opened up the muffler, opened up the inlet and exhaust ports and matched the exhaust port to muffler opening. The different shape on the inlet is down to a strengething pad on the wall of the offset inlet port - ground some away but didn't fancy seeing daylight through the sidewall!

I have measured the squish and now need to make a new cylinder gasket and then reassemble, pressure check, compression check and then tach the saw. I will then fit the black unlimited coil for that extra zing and re-tach - the blue coils send the tach in to spasms:001_rolleyes:

Hope to get it back together over the newt week or two and will report back once it is done.

59765da4cfd53_Inletportafter.jpg.9c571df0a4a968ff28ae1198ee90d3d3.jpg

59765da4b8c89_ExhaustPortafter.jpg.ed2a6df00107942679189c766e7746d9.jpg

59765da10bb85_InletPortafter1.jpg.0052d98dc4f0063ed4e9d5a7081702a6.jpg

59765da10725e_ExhaustPortafter1.jpg.ae97d8c987b20c0ca94c4014ba71ce7b.jpg

59765da1040be_Mufflerafter.jpg.bf2c1d95b010fbde930d02d47ba6e316.jpg

59765da0f41d5_MufflerBefore.jpg.3b3a44504b766a359109e6c3efec760f.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice one spud looks real good u fancy doing a solo at some point for me :thumbup::thumbup:

Think I had better get this one going before doing yours - looking forward to firing it up - the 345 with just a muffler mod was good and hope this one lives up to expectations:thumbup:

Should be able to hear it from where you are:lol:

I love the 346 power to weight is awesome so this could well be scary, have you done this to a 346 before?

Just some very mild porting on a Husky 262, a Stihl 024 and a muffler mod on my Husky 345.

I have kicked around on the American AS site so have picked up the relevant specs rather than just going at it. lots more to it than just opening up the port - the heights, widths, the squish and transfers all make a difference.

The saw should really rip once tuned to its new spec.

no mate its still sit on the bench just waiting to find myself a bit of time to get in the work shop at dads and then work out with machine im going to use :lol::lol: done all the messure ments and it should all work out i will let u no what happens