save our forests

tncountryservices

To be honest i think it's a difficult call. I was with you all the way until i heard a genleman explaining that the company he works for has been buying and selling woods for years with no difficulties. The points he raised were very valid. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put a covenant on the woodland before its sale to stop wholesale destruction as was said also he said if you were to buy a wood/forest why would you want to destroy it? Two types of people would buy woodland. Those that love the woods and those that invest. If it was bought as an investment you would take care of it to ensure you get the maximum return on it and if you care i think that says it all. I think i would tend to agree that the sale of the woodland isn't really on as it belongs to the British tax payer so we should have the right to use it whenever we like but there is two sides to every story.

Its politics isn't it? Why put all your eggs in one basket as it were....Some 33% can be nationally owned. Why not. It isntt gonna raise much money is it. And we still gotta fund a FC after the sell off anyway....

Cant see why the politicians thinkit's necessary myself. A

And another thing...if you look into what has been proposed in detail...business being what it is and currency and profit being what they are, add to that that all politicians are built in with the lie through their teeth gene, I wouldnt be atall surprised to find them reneging on their commitments over theyears as it all gets disposed of..."of course...I wasnt a politician at the time this covenant was made" & "Times change!" blah blah blah...call me a cynnic, it,s not what our forests are for...Have they no shame? Cynnical b******s

your right.. we recently bought 12 acres of woodland from forestry comission.. it was very cheap as only access is through our farm except for small bridlepath which would be impossible to extract timber through.. timber is ready for harvest but covenant states can only be thinned and never clear felled.. theres another 40 acres comin up 4 sale right next door to us [as 12 acres was] and we'l be tryin our best to buy that too....

To be honest i think it's a difficult call. I was with you all the way until i heard a genleman explaining that the company he works for has been buying and selling woods for years with no difficulties. The points he raised were very valid. Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put a covenant on the woodland before its sale to stop wholesale destruction as was said also he said if you were to buy a wood/forest why would you want to destroy it? Two types of people would buy woodland. Those that love the woods and those that invest. If it was bought as an investment you would take care of it to ensure you get the maximum return on it and if you care i think that says it all. I think i would tend to agree that the sale of the woodland isn't really on as it belongs to the British tax payer so we should have the right to use it whenever we like but there is two sides to every story.

( the sentence British taxpayer so we should have a right to use it whenever we like) what you should understand is some of the forestry commission ground is on lease and it depends on the wording of the lease . The trouble with Joe Public is they tend to walk anywhere it like even when you're Felling timber even if they are meant to stick to the footpath

Ha ha it's true John. When i was typing it i was thinking about a wood near me. If i owned it i think i would try to stop the public going in there!! Littered with rubbish from fast food resturants, tyres and other implements from sexual activities. Broken fences for access and dissused tents and Joe public think that is acceptable. Who would want people in there woodlands? I know if i had one they wouldn't be welcome!!

"Save our Forests" is what we have done for over 20 years and wish the public would stop being involved in something it has no idea about.

I run a sustainable business which has won awards for being green and would love to purchase a decent size woodland to improve and expand the business but the chances of this now due to the scaremongering in the press from some so called green pressure charities who run as business for tax purposes is finished. FC has withdrawn woodland from John Clegg in England.

Makes me ************************************************