Google earth on win 10

Gary Prentice

Google earth pro has stopped working on my new laptop. It won't open at all. Uninstalled it, re-installed it - no joy. Installed Google earth - the same.

Tried the troubleshooter compatibility program - won't run in Windows 7, 8, Vista or XP mode.

I have it on the PC at work, running windows 10, and never had any issues.

Help:confused1:

Turn off your virus/firewall briefly and see if it works. If it does it's being blocked. Turn them back on and bug fix! I'm a mac/Linux user so there might be a way that doesn't involve disabling them but you'd have to google it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably just the latest episode in the ongoing Google-Microsoft battle.

As a Windows phone user you become more aware of it given the control which Google have in that area and having read up on it a bit looks very much to me like Google are very much the aggressor between not wanting Windows compatible versions of their own apps and then blocking Microsoft apps from Android.

Sorry not much help but maybe you should check if there is an issue as it might not be your problem.

Edited by wrsni

Hi,

What error message do you get if any?

You might like to check in GE file location, properties, compatibility, settings that display scaling for high DPI setting is disabled.

N

:confused1::confused1::confused1:

I hate computers.

Turned firewall off - no change

Did get into the program files, then come out and can't find them again.

The error message I got was something like 1618, looked that up and i'd managed to try to run more than 1 exe. file at the time (3x actually).