Mulcher head for 360'

roseyweb

It's one like Eddies fae I'd quite like or a osma one. Only really for bramble bashing. Tired of moaning staff on brush cutters and we usually have a 8 toner on site so makes sense

Have tried mcarther forest services but he's a hard man to get hold of

It's one like Eddies fae I'd quite like or a osma one. Only really for bramble bashing. Tired of moaning staff on brush cutters and we usually have a 8 toner on site so makes sense

Have tried mcarther forest services but he's a hard man to get hold of

Gregor can be hard to contact, but generally as he's out on site doing the install himself, as he really does a quality job.

The FAE is excellent, but you pay for it obviously. I had great service from my Exac-One Osma swinging Hammer, and it did a great job on everything from grass to Birch up to approx 12" if you were steady?

It literally hoovered up bramble, you can see it sucking it in!

Yes I eventually put it out of balance, and it was entirely my fault for being too greedy, as is the case with these, all too easy to keep going for bigger stuff.

The FAE is several gears up in performance!

You have a great carrier in the Kubota, and there is plenty of reasonably priced options now if it's not for front line use.

A trip to Lamma next week would probably have a few companies there with such options at show prices?

Eddie.

I've been running a osma flail with the larger RM7 flails,

It's only 80 cm on a 3 toner but it will get though some vegetation

In a day. The body does need to be thicker as I've got a few dents

From the odd brick, lump of wood & various other bits the flail picks

Up & launches 40 ft away

Eddie what model osma did you have

My Osma was a TE 120Cl and was really based on the need to mow Rushes and Heather where others were struggling.

It did prove to be extremely versatile, coping well with pretty much anything thrown at it, but still fine enough to be able to trim a hedge to a pretty good standard.

Try doing a hedge with a fixed tooth FAE and you would have to mulch it into the floor out of embarrassment, as it will just eat it!

The main disadvantage was the lack of an opening door to aid getting material like Rhodies into it, but the facility was there minus the rams.

I used to fix the door open for such material and it was very effective.

The rear roller was never really too much of an issue and was perfect for getting a nice finish on things like Rushes, Heather, Grass and Brambles.

I eventually sold it to a local client who has his own Kubota KX080-3, and then sat down with him and explained the few mods I had planned to do on it.

He was willing to get them done as he could see the advantages, so the Osma was duly fitted with rams for the hydraulic door, plus a few bits of strengthening in vital areas.

This has transformed the machine, and the Kubota thanks to it's dual line proportional control, operates the flail and doors perfectly.

There is an old video of mine here, not the best as it was about the second day I'd used it, but you"ll get the idea you wouldn't want to do it by hand!

[ame]

[/ame]

The Osama website is a nightmare, but here's the spec sheet.

http://www.osmasnc.com/schedepdf/TE_CL___FLAIL_MOWERS_FOR_GRASS_AND_BRANCHES_FOR_MIDI_EXCAVATORS.pdf

This is a much heavier option that will have a full Forestry type rotor with pockets, but still swinging hammer. You will lose a little cut width, but she would be powerful and tackle some decent size material.

This also has the hydraulic door fitted as standard.

Machinery for agriculture and special machines for land reclamation

I managed to get some images of the extra mods done to the Osma after selling it. We chose to fit two door rams to get better closure, plus a guard for the motor.

The door received some extra strengthening ribs, plus additional skids approx 2" wide were bolted each side where it contacts the ground to avoid digging in on softer ground.

This is really all it needed to make it a fantastic bombproof all rounder.

The British Construction Equipment Forum

If you need any advice let me know, and I can tell you the tidy way to fit a case drain to a KX080-3 with little expense.

Eddie.