Reciprocating Breadknife

TIMON

Any of the many blunt ones I've made do with over the years. Usually belonging to my father. Who's view on saws, is much like that of any other garden tool. Namely, the more you have the better. Regardless of condition or quality.

I know it's not for trees but a friend of mine bought a cheap tenon saw from B&Q and when he came to use it found it impossible to cut with. I tried and only reason I could think of was the blade was fitted back to front. It should theoretically have cut on the wrong stroke but you could not push it as it jammed straight away. It stayed as a curio in his shed to try on unsuspecting victims for years "just cut us an inch off that 2x1" then stand back and watch as they got more and more frustrated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.