Discounts on new forwarding trailers/cranes.

cessna

From my experience in 2012 - no discount!!

Kesla was our front runner but we ended up with a Vreten, primarily because the dealer is only 30 mins away as opposed to a couple of hours. The crane has proved to be excellent, possibly too good for the trailer.

From my experience in 2012 - no discount!!

Kesla was our front runner but we ended up with a Vreten, primarily because the dealer is only 30 mins away as opposed to a couple of hours. The crane has proved to be excellent, possibly too good for the trailer.

From my 2011 experience - No discount.

Problem is that all the best ones are imported so you get price fluctuation there and then stung for import duty. Then delivery to the dealer then delivery to you. There until relatively recently not a massive volume UK sales thing. Then the dealers need to make some money on them so i can totally understand why there is no discount. Oh they normally come in bits too so have to be constructed.

I've never used a Vreten crane or trailer. I did see one at a firewood demo though on a JAKE plate. The trailer it's self looked very well designed, solid plate at the bottom of the head board for 10" or so and on sides of bunk one to stop tiny bits going every where. Really good guarding on the steering rams too. The crane was powerful yet quick, the guy who ran it changed from having a botex a he snapped it off at the knuckle.

He had broken the grapple though but was now sporting a very nice corona steel grapple. Should of asked the fella for a go really.

As for others as good a Kelsa well anything from Scandinavian countries really. Kronos are good, very good infact but make sure you're sitting down when the price come back. FMV/Moheda make some top notch units just remember on some of them legs are an extra. Make sure you get them.

From my 2011 experience - No discount.

Problem is that all the best ones are imported so you get price fluctuation there and then stung for import duty.

Shouldnt be any import duty when importing from the EU

Nor should there be any price fluctuation,any dealer buying in Euros will sell to you in Stirling,then he either risks it or can fix the rate with his bank

"FMV/Moheda make some top notch units just remember on some of them legs are an extra. Make sure you get them"

You definitely need legs - the first time my mate used mine, he forgot to put them down and it turned over very easily!!

I know someone who didn't crook their drawbar the right way with a big 15 tonne forwarder trailer without legs. Lets just say it needed another machine to get it upright .