Silicone/rubber bottle stops

Gardenmac

Hi delabodge

Dont have any pics as I only made a few for family.

its easy enough though

turn your stopper part down so that it drops in the bottle then I used a home made thin parting tool 2mm thick to cut 3 grooves 4mm apart,this was for 2mm O rings, cut the grooves so that you can just push the stopper with a bit of resistance, I did one groove before I cut the others as its a bit of trial and error.

Once you are happy with the first groove cut the rest then polish/ seal as normal then apply a coat of lacquer,then fit all the O rings. if you get the sizes right you can tip the bottle upside down without it leaking.

I am planning to make some more so will post some pics soon.

put a small piece of branch wood between centres, rough with a gouge to a cyndrical, part both ends down(these bits you`ll trim off later,) decide what shape you want ! then part down about 25 mill to 10mm for the silicone stopper to fit ,sand ,polish, with friction polish!cut off ends ,super glue on rubber, sand ends and finish with food safe oil,,,I`ve done thousands of these over the yrs and everything gets quicker the more you do,,I stop my bordom by doing ten of one design,then 10 of another,,,!I`ll post some pics when I get a min to show the stages, might help you.