Stihl 038 help needed - part required?!

NoviceAl

Hi all,

I'm after a little knowledge so hoping that somebody on here with more experience than me ( not hard !!! ) could help.

I have in my possession a Stihl 038 Magnum which, for it's age is awesome. However, I have a problem. The Master Control Switch ( I know its called this as I've downloaded the user manual! ) has snapped so when you start it up and squeeze the trigger it cuts out. I have looked on Google & other sites but can't seem to find a supplier of these. I'm not sure if these are still made due to the amount of new models out there so is it like trying to find a spare part for a Spectrum 48K? When all there is are parts for a Sony laptop! :confused1: . Would somebody be able to point me in the direction of somebody that supplies these or somebody that may have an idea. I'm desperate for this 1 piece of moulded plastic because there is no way I want to get rid of this superb saw just because of 1 little thing.

So

HELP........!.

Cheers.

I believe it is part 1118 182 0900 that you need and is refered to as a "switch shaft".

You can purchase here - Mister-Solutions Ltd-1118 182 0900

But please make sure it is the correct part before ordering - it looks like the shaft that runs horizontal to the saw and actuates the choke and on off switch.

Parts list here - http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2062264/038-pl-pdf-july-12-2010-4-47-pm-446k?da=y

As a point of information that same part number fits the 028,038 ,042,048 and Ms 380 .The later is essentually an 038 magnum .I don't think it's available in the British Isles or North America but I think still in some parts of the world .As such that part plus most if not all others should be available through Stihl .

In addition there are some after market suppliers for certain models .The 038 in all three models ,038 Av ,038 Super and 038 Magnum were very popular saws and as such many were made and still in operation world wide .

Oddly enough although some models are no longer being sold in some countries they are in others .Most likely because of enviromental issues imposed by whatever governmental bodies where that may apply .

Edited by Al Smith