Husky prizes to be won!

Ian Flatters

As the title says! Oh and its FREE to enter!!!

I'll give you a little background on how. As many of you will know that husky sponsered the world pole climbing at the APF last year giving away £3000 in prize money and goodies. So as a result of this and a lot of hard work from Terry Benett and Lisa Richards husky are sponsring 2 main events this year! woodfest and the three counties (three counties also are holding the europeans on the last day).

There are a few category's

Tree surgeon class- side spikes only

Expert - sides or toe spikes

Female - fastest time over the event

vets(over 40's) - fastest time

Now some of you might think oh its competitive. Honestly it isn't really at all you'll find everyone really approchable. ( I was concerend before i entered my 1st comp thinking that there would be guys physcing themselves up etc. In realilty is was lots of people chilling and having a good laugh.)

You don't need to worry about a strop either as we have the special racing ones made up for you and anyone will lend you theres if you ask. They take around 10-15 seconds off a normal run. If you ask and have the right size feet im sure people will let you have a go in thier racing spikes (i will if you ask).

Camping is normally free or on site and close to the beer tent (drinking is one of the highlights, although we are yet to get our own 200t guitar man).

Oh you get a free goodie bag for entering the comp which has got to be worth it itself right! which will lead me to my last question

I started a year ago in the tree surgery catergory and had a go, initally i was worried about looking rubbish but i did it in around 25 seconds which wasn't the fastest but still to 80ft that wasn't bad i thought, by the end of the season i moved up to expert and finished 13th in the world out of a final qualifying field of 14:lol:. So if you fancy a go even if you just have one run up the pole im sure you'll walk away chuffed to bits with your time.

So i've been asked to compile a list of prizes (husky stuff only) which will be spread across the goodie bags and 1-6th places in each category so have your chance to say what you'd like to see avaliable to win just remember i've got to give a list of stuff so feel free to list them below and i'll add them to the list and they will be sent to husky.

Entry is free remember so don't miss your chance to win something or at least get a free goodie bag :thumbup1:

Pole Climbing Competitions - Woodfest Wales, St Asaph

Three Counties Show ? Competition Entries

So why not come have a go you might even become hooked on it.

i reackon as nice as the husky kindling axe was last year, its not really going to be that useful, maybe some chainsaw trousers down the first 3 places but with added prizes for 2nd and even more for 1st as for in the goody bags hmmm abit more tricky as it has to be from husqvarna maybe a bag or fuel can or something :thumbup1:

So so far then

T540xp (They might already be on the cards as a top prize)

Chainsaw trousers

Axe's

Fuel cans

Bags

Hard hat

spares for hard hat

felling lever

forestry tape

tongs

hook thingy

foresters belt

braces

T-shirts and hats are normally in goodie bags.

Anything else guys?

So so far my list of suggestions are;

Top handle saw

kit bag

Fuel can

balance hard hat with visor etc

Hard hat spares

Fuel can kit

80cm breaker bar

140cm breaker bar

20m loggers tape

combi roller 3/8

combi roller .325

Chainsaw gloves

combi holster

large combi holster

braces

all weather jacket

Axe's (prob hatchet)

I haven't added boots or trousers as well most people entering already have a pair of trousers/boots or/seem to like other brands better.

Edited by Ian Flatters
add more

So so far my list of suggestions are;

Top handle saw

Fuel can

balance hard hat with visor etc

Hard hat spares

80cm breaker bar

140cm breaker bar

20m loggers tape

combi roller 3/8

combi roller .325

combi holster

large combi holster

braces

all weather jacket

Axe's Hatchet

Axe's small splitting axe

glasses

rain jacket

stump vice

arb16 gloves

chainsaw gloves

file handles

timber tongs 20 & 30cm

lift hook

leather belt

break bar viktor

impact bar

forest bag

back pack

20cm wedge

first aid

Brush jacket

I haven't added boots or trousers as well most people entering already have a pair of trousers/boots or/seem to like other brands better.

Bold = more items added to the list of requests

If you can think of anything else you would like me to request to be added to the suggested list then add now as its off to husqvarna to look over later tonight.