Makita-DUC302Z

Mark Wileman

[ame=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-DUC302Z-Cordless-Li-ion-Chainsaw/dp/B00M215BO0#productDetails]Makita DUC302Z Cordless 36 V Li-ion Chainsaw: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools[/ame]

Anyone had any experience of this? I only ask as I already have some other Makita cordless tools so battery synergy would be nice, for the price I might just try it out and cut my losses!

I bought one a while back and rather like it now !! I too already had 2 batteries and charger for other tools so less than £200 seemed a pretty good deal , useful to keep near the chipper to cut the odd bit that does not fit etc , I have also deadwooded quite a few big Douglas firs and it will do 5-6 before battery dies , I also use it for "rough " carpentry work , all in all i have found it a very useful tool , quiet and no starting effort , but chain speed seems a bit slow compared to a petrol saw ....

I bought one a while back and rather like it now !! I too already had 2 batteries and charger for other tools so less than £200 seemed a pretty good deal , useful to keep near the chipper to cut the odd bit that does not fit etc , I have also deadwooded quite a few big Douglas firs and it will do 5-6 before battery dies , I also use it for "rough " carpentry work , all in all i have found it a very useful tool , quiet and no starting effort , but chain speed seems a bit slow compared to a petrol saw ....

When you say 5-6 do you mean trees or limbs? I can't see me doing all that much top handle stuff when starting out, so might be a more cost effective solution in the short term..