Celtic Sword in the Stone

Ianw6522

Nice work! although I think you need a smaller sword or a bigger stone..

Cheers Tom,

Yes i see what you mean, i was just seeing what i could achieve with the saw around the handle detail etc, full length sword in the pipeline :thumbup1:

Did a couple of full swords last year as a commission and you're right Ian, symmetry ain't easy ;) Well done

i thought it was just me......i hadn't even given it a second thought until i could see that front and back had differences, which i tried to address, then left and right had issues......but i learnt a lot from the attempt.

Thank you :001_smile:

There's a bunch of woody sculptures at Scolton Manor inc a 'sword in the, um... wood!'

You probably already know that.

I think they look much better in real life than in these photos, but gives an idea of vibe, ish: Visitor Centre & Sculpture Trail - Culture 4 Pembrokeshire

cheers, steve

Yes Steve, they do for sure. i think im still too much of a newbie to carving to be a person of knowledge who can carve and reflect or capture the welsh myth. I can speak Welsh fluently, all my ancestors grew up here in Wales so all im trying to do is capture what i know on this subject and carve what comes from the heart.

:001_smile: